BRE Global Limited is part of the BRE Group and a wholly owned trading subsidiary of the BRE Trust (a registered research charity). We are an independent, third-party approvals organisation, offering certification of products, services and systems to an international market. Our testing and certification activities are carried out by recognised experts in world-class facilities.
The pages on this web-site give you access to the listings of all our certificated products and services by following the links below:
For more information
Tel: +44 (0)333 321 88 11
BRE Global offer fire and security product and service certification under the LPCB brand. Our certification is backed by our experience in working with industry and government for more than 100 years to set the standards necessary to ensure that fire and security products and services work effectively. In that time the LPCB Mark has become an internationally recognised mark of trust.
All our certificated fire safety and security products, systems and services certified under the LPCB brand are listed in the ‘Red Book’. These listings can be accessed free of charge on the web and also via Apps for your smartphones and tablets.
‘Green’ claims are easy to make but much harder to substantiate. This means that operating more sustainably is not as simple as specifying products and services that are marketed as being green.
BRE Global have developed assessment methods and standards for certifying products and services to help you navigate the claims and counter claims for environmental performance. Independent assessment and certification not only ensures that green claims are based on fact, but also that products and services meet performance standards appropriate for their intended use.
GreenBook Live is a free online listing designed to help specifiers and end users identify products and services that can help to reduce their environmental impacts. It includes listings of:
- Trained and licensed BREEAM Assessors and qualified BREEAM Accredited Practitioners.
- Products and installers that are certified by BRE Global under the Microgeneration Certification Scheme.
- Products that are assessed under our rigorous Environmental Profiles and Responsible Sourcing schemes.
- SMARTWaste scheme members.
We offer third-party approval to the following standards, and can provide an integrated service to companies wanting approval to two or more of them:
- ISO 9001 – the world’s most established quality framework for assessing and certifying an organisation’s quality management system.
- ISO 14001 – an authoritative demonstration of the quality of an organisation’s environmental management and commitment to the environment.
- OHSAS 18001 – a specification that helps to fully integrate health and safety into company policies and working practices.
- Coming soon – ISO 27001
- New Scheme – ISO50001 – Energy Management Systems – ISO 50001 supports organisations in all sectors to use energy more efficiently, through the development of an energy management system (EnMS). ISO 50001 is based on the management system model of continual improvement also used for other well-known standards such as ISO 9001 or ISO 14001, making it easier for organisations to integrate energy management into their overall efforts to improve quality and environmental management.
BIM Level 2 Business Systems and Practitioner certification schemes
The BRE BIM Level 2 Business Systems Certification scheme assesses a business, based at a single location relating to the BIM policy and capability as defined within PAS 1192-2:2013 and PAS 91 as well as assessing the ability of the business to meet the requirements of an employer to carry out a BIM capability assessment
The scheme has been designed to enable certificated businesses to demonstrate compliance with the PAS91-2013 section 4.2 so that as a BIM Certificated company you will not have to provide evidence of competence each time you undertake a tender.
BRE Global has also developed a BIM Level 2 Certification scheme for BIM Certificated Practitioners which will give customers the confidence that your services are going deliver what they need and expect. Certification ensures that you meet – and will continue to meet – appropriate standards, through a combination of regular audits and on-going CPD requirements. It helps you to provide the highest level of service to your clients.
Competent persons undertake training, pass an examination and must successfully complete an audit to show compliance with the scheme requirements. Scheme membership is maintained through annual CPD and audit requirements.
Certified Thermal Details and Products
The Certified Thermal Details and Products scheme and database allows users to search a wide range of accurate and independently assessed thermal junction details, products and elements, ensuring accuracy, consistency, credibility and quality throughout the design and specification process.
This scheme provides ongoing independent, third party assessment and certification of the ‘as designed’ thermal performance of:
- Building junction details (e.g. SAP Table K1 + some bespoke detail types).
- Opening products (e.g. windows, doors and rooflights).
- Major (plane) building elements (e.g. wall, roof and floor products).
- This ensures that the performance, marking and classification requirements of the appropriate standards are met and maintained.
Pre-cast reinforced Concrete (Repair Scheme)
The BRE Global scheme will enable all necessary repairs to be made to pre-cast concrete homes are completed according to robust specifications relevant to each property and by competent repair practitioners. Repairs will only be carried out for essential items and should not be prohibitively expensive.
This new certification scheme has 3 key elements:
- A register of Repair Specifications
- A register of Practitioners certified as a competent persons
- A register of repaired properties
The scheme will provide confidence to third parties, e.g. mortgage lenders, that repairs undertaken within the Scheme have been undertaken properly to an agreed and robust specification.
Training at BRE Academy
BRE Academy is the world’s leading provider of built environment education & training
How to get listed?
Choose which scheme is most suitable for your product or service.
BRE Global, Registered in England and Wales, number 8961297
Registered address: Garston, Watford WD25 9XX
VAT registration number GB 689 9499 27
BRE Global Limited is owned by the BRE Trust. BRE Trust, Registered under number 3282856 in England and Wales, and
registered as a charity (No 1092193)
Registered address: Garston, Watford WD25 9XX